• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory Plug

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the accessory power plug for, commonly found on the dash (with the hanging cap)? There is also one of these on my M37. What does the other half of the plug look like?

Below, to fit in the existing hole, I'll install the 24 V cigarette lighter. Both my cell phone and GPS unit input is 6 to 30 volts. It should be handy for a re-charge! I'll wait to get a 15/16" Greenlee punch to inlarge the hole.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a single pin connector, looks like a rf /antenna connector.
I don't have a clue otherwise.:confused:
It does look like you have a hydraulic brake controller. Did you install it or was it a National Guard or State owned truck?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its an electric brake controller. I use it on a small 12,000# equipment trailer. I have always seen those accessory plugs, and wondered what they were meant to power?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12 Volts - I just ran it from the second battery. It is used so seldom that I didn't think it would cause too much of an in-balance in the system. Otherwise I try to run stuff on 24V. That's why I mentioned the phone/GPS chargers. Up here, you may well have Cell coverage, but you can be a long way to get a charge, when your out for an extended stay.

Westech

CPL
Looks like a 3 prong power plug... that powers things like the hot water heater, radios, MRE heaters, Windshield defogger mats, Battery chargers, spot/work lights. Its the "universal" power out let.

m816

It is the recepticle for a military style droplight. It was most usually found uder the dash of five ton's and a wrecker I once had. It is single prong outlet. It is 24v only. Finding a drop light with the black out shields is harder to find. It is not for any kind of brake controller!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks