• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

accessory switch

ApopkaFL

Banned
I installed a rebuilt alternator today. After the install the accessory switch would not shut the truck off. I was sure I installed the wires correctly when I restalled the alternator. Anyone have any answers ? The only thing I could think of is maybe two small wires were crossed?

ApopkaFL

Banned
YES Really

I am not sure why this happen. I can shut the truck off using the fuel shut off switch. The accessorys do shut off when I shut flip the switch. Just the engine does not shut down.

OldDominionIron2

His signature line lists 3 M35A3's, so I would assume it's an A3. If it were an A2, I would think having the "B" and "C" connections on the accessory switch reversed would keep the instruments energized no matter what the switch position. I have an A2, so I cant speak to the A3 electrical system. Does turning the accessory switch off in an A3 turn off the truck, because it doesn't in the A2.

Unfortunately, I can't upload the A2 wiring schematic, but a search will produce it.

KsM715

Well since your sig line lists all A3's I assume this problem is on an A3. A2's dont shut off with the switch, You have to pull the engine shut off cable.

Edit: Looks like OD was thinking the same thing I was. He just types faster.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Yes all of the A3s shut off with the switch. I will investagte futher tomorrow and try to track down the problem. I have few people I will call and try to get some answers.

Rodman

Vfflang

never seen an A3 before in person. but I had an mini excavator once and the battery was dead so I jump it...when I went to shut it off it would not go, there was not enough power to the kill plunger as I recall it a simple screw driver to move the lever on the plunger to off did the trick....maybe it runs the same way and is not get power to the plunger just a thought

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I miss something. Are all of your A3's exhibiting this problem. If not, why not look at the other two and see what wiring difference, if any exist.

ApopkaFL

Banned
No the other ones are fine. This one seems to be fine as well, I drove it around town today and it shut off every time like It was suppose too. I took it to the local alternator shop today where I have the alternator rebuilt and they tested to make sure it was doing its job. It was 28V + ....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks