• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ace of Spades 5 ton gun truck

Uglyranger

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ace of Spades replica gun truck built by Sammy Seay is located in Rogersville, Tennessee. This 523rd Transportation Company vehicle is correct and complete. The yellow headlights can still be obtained, and really make a statement, along with the yellow painted nose. The 8th Group commander wanted to be able to identify his vehicles from the air and had the yellow nose painted on all of his vehicles including M151A1 MUTTS (Jeeps).

Attachments

Twodogs

I saw that picture and a chill ran up my spine. When I was in high school, I worked for a Viet Nam vet that told me stories about his gun truck called "Cold Sweat". He told me he liked to run with a buddy in a truck named "Ace of Spades". This was out of Qui Nhon and up to the central highlands in 68-69. Both trucks had huge bounties put on them by the NVA, but always seemed to come home.

"Ace of Spades" was a popular name for any armored vehicle in Viet Nam, and there may have been more than one gun truck with that handle since that insignia is bad gris-gris (superstition). Great picture, by the by.

jasonjc

Whis I had one of those today the president just landed here. And I just got home from driving the duce around the airport. they just waved at me as I whent past. A gun truck whould have bent alot more fun.

Twodogs

No quad mount required, Jason. The way Daniel used to tell it, he had a twin mount (.50 BMG) with one left-hand feed and one right-hand feed. Add to that a couple of M-60s and a blooper, along with personal weapons and you have a pile of firepower.

Standard procedure was to run with one truck in the lead and one at the tail of the convoy. If there was an ambush, the gun trucks ran to that location and engaged the bad guys until the convoy cleared the ambush site. Didn't always work out that way. Charlie didn't always co-operate.

Uglyranger, sounds like you were there, maybe? Nice photo. I'll see if i can send it to Daniel

jasonjc

We are aloud the real thing here but at $15,000-$20,000 ea you gotta have alot of $$$$$$$$$ not to mechen $1.00-$1.50 per round that adds up real fast. Once I get the fire truck done I think a gun truck will be next on my list. So all you out there with pic start sending them in. I will be useing a M35A2 so any pics of these truck whould be great. and some inside detail one for the layout and equipment needed for props. Thanks

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the pics. I have been intriged over gun trucks for some time. I'd love to build one...maybe after finishing the deuce. Nice ace of spades BTW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks