• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Acquired a Military surplus load bank

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a DIY load bank setup that you can adjust and break down as needed

(1) https://teamequip.com/genpro-gillet...240-volts-out/#mz-expanded-view-1248727738663 (*it has a make offer function, I bet they would take $100 for one looking at their stock levels)

(up to 4) https://www.runnings.com/comfort-zo...lyjYLGEUVT7uMLTGeLmLDvsrD2WFPNIk99IIJ2P3O9cP8

The spider box is perfectly sized for the 802, you would just need to make a cable to go from the machine to the box (but that would be the same cable you would use to your home, if not hard wiring it). The milkhouse heaters can be set to either 1300W or 1500W each. The box holds up to (4) standard 3 prong US plugs. You would just need to make sure the breakers will carry the load.

But this not only is deployable as you want, but also gives you future ability to run external load items off the 802, without overloading the convenience outlets near the gauges.

robert248

If you are going into the biz of repairing gen sets, then I would agree with you. But if all you are ever going to have is a 5 KW gen set, well, I would advise you to think about it again. Its a two men and a boy lift. Its a 30 KW load bank. For the money you would need to buy a A427, you could buy some heating elements and a few other thing to make yourself a nice 7-8 KW load bank. AND, lots of beer and other health food.
Id like to learn about this option. Was thinking the A427 would be cheap enough to just acquire. If there is a thread about it please point me in that direction.

Didn't see the response above! Thanks Light In The Dark

Last edited:

jimbo913

If you are going into the biz of repairing gen sets, then I would agree with you. But if all you are ever going to have is a 5 KW gen set, well, I would advise you to think about it again. Its a two men and a boy lift. Its a 30 KW load bank. For the money you would need to buy a A427, you could buy some heating elements and a few other thing to make yourself a nice 7-8 KW load bank. AND, lots of beer and other health food.
Yeah, I agree. My old kitchen stove works great and doubles as a powder coating oven.

robertsears1

In November, GovPlanet had 4 Avtron LSH100 load banks come up at the Butner NC site. Three looked like they had never been used and the OD one looked slightly used. I was interested because how many folks really need a load bank, right? Prices ranged from $4k-$3k, before taxes and fees...gulp.
3c64c758-d971-40b0-9c50-d12cc93384ba.jpg7d257fae-7fe3-4334-98b7-d3326ff55ec5.jpg98b03696-f227-480d-98ed-8bdc49a897bd.jpga49edb51-3911-4451-a236-e6fec3bafb93.jpgeb2ba081-b5d5-484a-b32b-c577197b493b.jpg

Dewie38

I agree with Guy, unless you have a gen repair business those load banks are over kill.
I acquired 3 Avtron K490's and an Avtron LPH100 from my old place of employment and other than taking the K490 out to my brother's to load his 3 Kw once in a while and load my 802 they just sit in my garage.
But I would rather have them sit in my garage than let my old place of employment trash them cause they have no need for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks