• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Actually found a Deuce, well close to one local!!

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,did anyone notice that NOTHING is right on that ad?2 ton winch up front?Heck,a deuce has a 5 ton winch.A 5 ton comes with a 10 ton doesn't it(20,000Lb ACTUAL PULL not like all the Warn and other civy winches that list Rolling weight).

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,I can safely say...Yea,He has no clue what he has.That would be an older M54A2 or a M813 since it has a Drop side cargo bed(hey,atleast the original bed is there!).It would take a lot of paint,sanding,blasting,welding to remove the clown makeup and let it back out in public again.Even though,If your gonna use an MV for Civy work and Civy it go full out like this guy did.not just half ass it.

ChevyCowboy

If I managed to get it, Id strip the paint and go olive drab, lol for some reason I dont think hed take a 1000, considering they are rare around here, I bet he wants a pretty penny for it

Westech

CPL
no gimp.. on the multi fuels the air cleaner is on the right side.. this one is on the left... looks like a 800 type also, and its got the 800's tool box....the only thing I cant make out is the exhaust pipe
it kinda looks like a 800 but im not 100% sure but it does say cummins engine.. that only in the 800's

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sorry, didn't notice the air cleaner, you are correct, I just figured he didn't know any better on the motor since there was so much wrong info to begin with.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting truck, even more interesting ad. I love Bubbas who don't know crap about their vehicles they are selling. Probably wants a fortune for it as well.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
maccus said:
Did the Canadian Forces possibly use that truck before it was surplussed? They are known to have had some M series that were modified from what we are used to seeing in the lower 48. Looks like a good working unit.
The Canadian Forces are actually still running about 2700 "Medium Logistical Vehicles - Wheeled" which are powered by a Detroit Diesel and have auto trannies. They are a hybrid between M35A2 and A3. Super singles.

They were license built by Bombardier in Quebec in the early 1980'.
[url]http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/2_display.asp?product=85&more=85 [/url]

I would take one, but they are not yet being surplussed....