• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ad free

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is probably a long shot......

But, could the website be set up for paid members not to have the google ads bombarding the banner on the page......

Not a fan of this distraction.:sad:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not sure Juan, but I think that is on your end of it. All I see are 2 static ads from vendors that support the site one on each side of the top header.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see them directly below the "Forum, Command Post, website help" banner.....................constantly changing/blinking BS advertisements for "Free Navy SEAL flashlight" UGH! Ads change with refresh of the page.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes just something that started appearing recently. On my screen they're doubled up (same ad stacked on top of the other one).

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am not 100% sure but think you guys are getting "pop up" ad's. I had to go look at doghead post #13 to see it. A puter guy with more smarts than me will have to tell you how to get rid of it. My son set up my Firefox browser and I know he set it to not allow pop ups which may be what these are. Like I said the only way for me to see them is to look at the doghead screen save.2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, that worked. I use firefox and downloaded the add on ABP pop up add blocker. Google ads went bye bye...
Chrome, I have popups blocked, it still shows on this site. No exceptions(in the settings).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shows up with firefox too.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
uBlock Origin for Chrome is the best thing to fight ads. Unlike other blockers who sell your info this one doesn't. I haven't seen an ad in..years now that I think about it.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just added Ublock, cant see the site sponsored ads or the new ones either, nice!

Thanks FT.

Would like to hear from admin on this.IMG_0895.JPG

Last edited:

NormB

I mostly use "Brave" browser. This is the one started by the guy who left Firefox 'cause he was outed as a supporter of California's marriage definition bill. He's "sticking it to the man." I don't see pop up ads, just the paid advertiser side bar for this site.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're trying to offset some of the bandwidth. The TM section will display banner ads. But I was trying to get ads to display for non paying members up top of the page, apparently it was displaying for everyone. I've made a change let me know if that helps. (And please don't block our non google advertisers)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. That fixed the pop-ups for me.

And thanks to Juan for starting the thread. I would have just lived with it and cussed to myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks