• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adapter for a m101a1 lighting

STSCSS

I will be towing a M101a1 back home with my pickup truck. What will I need to adapt the military plug to my pickup truck?

crasheej

Buy a cheap set 12 volt lights and wire kit and do a temp job to get it home then put the 24 stuff back. Just take the lights off put the 12 on in there plce leav the 24 wires aline run the temp 12 wire and plug in and go should take about 25 to 30 min to do. Have fun.loo

blybrook

Will you be towing this primarily with a civilian or a MV?

If civilian pickup, you can rewire the trailer from the 12 pin plug to a 4 pin (or 7 or what have you) and plug it directly into your vehicle. Replace the bulbs with 12v lights and be on your way. The 24v lights work, but are dim.

To pull the 12 pin connector apart, remove the clamp at the back of the connector, apply pressure on the cable into the connector, lift and lock the cover open, then carefully pry the rubber & pins out with a small screwdriver. Unsolder the pins necessary (I would have to search for the wiring diagram again, but I know it's here) and put them onto your new connector.

If going to be pulled by a MV and civilian, wire up a secondary connector pigtail from the vehicle to the junction box with the appropriate civilian plug and some crimp bullet connectors, then replace the whole cable end, takes about 5-10 minutes with a screwdriver to make the switch and no other lights are necessary (again, you'll be using 24v bulbs). Just match up the wires in the junction box to the wiring diagram and you'll be all set.

HTH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks