• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adapting the gladhand to an airhose

Ronbo

Anyone ever make or does anyone make an adapetr to use the rear gladhands to an airhose?? Or let me reword it , I'd like to use the rear air gladhands to hook an air line to anyone done this/ any advise? .. PS I like simple..:) Be ready for mo questions this week..:):)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I got a 25ft length of Goodyear 1/2 hose for $15 bucks from horror freight. Bought 4 glad hands from Peterbuilt of Cincinnati. I put 2 glad hands on the hose. One glad hand on my 1" drive impact gun, and the last glad hand got a standard air hose chuck. Now I have high volume for my impact gun, or I hook up the adapter gland hand to run anything else.

Jakob

I have probably an easy problem to solve, but I don't know how to do it. I was trying to do this with my Deuce. Well, I got the gladhand, air hose and adapters all ready to go. I hooked it up to my driver side gladhand and turned the valve on and got nothing. Tried the valve the other way, just to check, and still nothing. My passenger side has pressure when turned on, but the gladhand is broken off on that side and I haven't replaced it yet. Any ideas?

powerhouseduece

I have probably an easy problem to solve, but I don't know how to do it. I was trying to do this with my Deuce. Well, I got the gladhand, air hose and adapters all ready to go. I hooked it up to my driver side gladhand and turned the valve on and got nothing. Tried the valve the other way, just to check, and still nothing. My passenger side has pressure when turned on, but the gladhand is broken off on that side and I haven't replaced it yet. Any ideas?

Correct me if Im wrong but the drivers side is the service Brake ant the passanger side is the E-brake. The passanger side should have air all the time the drivers side should have air when you hit the brakes

Last edited:

Jakob

Thanks, I knew there was something I was missing. I figured I'd ask here before trying to "troubleshoot" a problem which I now know to be non-existant, lol. Now, I have to get to replairing that pass. side gladhand.

Ronbo

Great Info , thanks guys!! I used to live on the Hayabusa site but since I've gotten the deuce I switched homes.This place is great!!! But I do have to visit my old homestead once in a while...:-D
I think my next thread will be a list of Dumb questions I need answered...Later Thanks Me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks