• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Add a turbo or get the 6cta 8.3l

6wdcummins83

I'm putting the turbo on and I noticed the oil feed is in the bottom and the larger outlet is on top. That's also the way the arrow is pointing on the turbo, but that seems to be different from the pictures I've seen.??

jarhead1086

Mine just barely cleared. I had to assemble the 3 exhaust pcs on the bench to get the hole spacing and bolt it on like a single pc. Mine fit tight because of the ceramic coat, so I tapped with a hardwood block until the hole spacing measured right. I stuck the gaskets with high temp silicone so they didn't fall off during assembly. No leaks when I was done.

wcuhillbilly

Anyone have clearance issues with the exhaust manifold and the Cooland manifold
yup.... I did,,, you have the "technically wrong" manifold,,,,, dig up my thread "816 Jakes and turbo" and the pics will tell you what I had to do to make this manifold work.... I ended up grinding the arm of the manifold to squeeze it under the Thermostat housing. Then I ground on the thermostat housing itself,,, you can also get a machine shop to mill you some 1/4" spacers to sandwich under the water manifold ports to raise it up for clearnace... Mine has bee working fine. But I keep my eye open in scrap yards for the "correct manifold" Or go find the Thermostat housing off a SC 350 but that opens up another can of worms with the generator and plumbing.

74M35A2

We now know the correct p/n full size charge air cooler from a Volvo with 4" I/O if you want to route that beautiful 4" tubing to the front and back.

6wdcummins83

Maybe an inter cooler down the road, a different project for a different time. I just wanna get this done haha ran into some setbacks but I'm doing pretty well for not being a mechanic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks