• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Add an "Off-Topic" Section

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
not dealing with MV...if a MV owner wants to get other MV owners opinions and tactics on how they get their children to do something...whats the harm/big deal? lol...its a lot more of a helpful thread than a lot of the BS MV threads on this site

:)
This is easy, don't have kids

BlizzardX23

lol...no offense..but the chat room is a joke here...they are ALWAYS empty..plus its kool to go back and read replies and tips if you're gone during the day...like Wreckermans replies...in my previous thread.

RealCavDog

Didn't I read a thread about something like this at 03:00 this morning, then I get home after 14 hours of work, and here we go again, trying to reinvent the MV wheel ? With an entirely new thread ?

Saw no problem with the first thread, not applicable, but acceptable, but here we go again with more drama I could get on several other sites if so desired !

Let me reiterate , 1st thread fine, 2nd questioning thread VERY redundant ! In my time pressed and humble opinion !

BlizzardX23

Actually...this thread was simply suggesting an "off topic" corner for MV owners to talk about things a little less MV-oriented ...As you said...although not applicable...the first thread was acceptable and for a good cause

I mean...how about those threads about being getting laid off? has nothing to do with children...but it has 4 pages without being removed...whats the difference? ya know..? Suggesting something that will make this site a little better

RealCavDog

Actually...this thread was simply suggesting an "off topic" corner for MV owners to talk about things a little less MV-oriented ...As you said...although not applicable...the first thread was acceptable and for a good cause

I mean...how about those threads about being getting laid off? has nothing to do with children...but it has 4 pages without being removed...whats the difference? ya know..? Suggesting something that will make this site a little better

Went back to review the 1st thread, and guess it was deleted, so I stand corrected, thought once was cool, and you had some good response as of 03:30, so I understand your new question.

I myself have responded to threads concerning Son-in-law D.U.I. problems, health issues concerning distant relatives, and other such subjects.

Good luck with your inquiry, am guessing that server space and all the repeat and some of the newbie threads may be part of an attempt to streamline the site, which you must admit, would not hurt !

Goose2448

Maybe there should be a "Life" section. Since we here at SS are a family, we should be able to answer questions regarding life as we know it. Like the conversation section, but having nothing to do with MV, but being blocked for non members. I think it should be a viable option on the table.

Goose2448

The "chat horn" was used in the old chat, basically the one we have now, but a different version, many moons ago. It was used to get the attention of others.

Please dont ban me, Im just trying to help those that dont know.:jumpin:

And Chat is busy at certain times of the day, like 2000-2300, 0100-0300 or so. And if you sit in there a while by yourself, someone is bound to drop by.

BlizzardX23

I DEFINITELY agree that a "life" section for us SS family members would be a good idea...and an even BETTER idea to make it visible only to members! That's a very valid point...that's how our "Lounge" section is at TahoeYukonForum.com

speaking of SS family...it sure would be nice to see some northern Cali rallies lol

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "chat horn" was used in the old chat, basically the one we have now, but a different version, many moons ago. It was used to get the attention of others.

Please dont ban me, Im just trying to help those that dont know.:jumpin:

And Chat is busy at certain times of the day, like 2000-2300, 0100-0300 or so. And if you sit in there a while by yourself, someone is bound to drop by.
Goose is correct. There are peak hours of use and a constant shifting trickle of members coming/going.

BlizzardX23

everytime I look..theres no one there...just like right now lol...Im gonna go look for some sort of "horn"

I couldnt figure it out =/

Last edited: