• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Add DC Slave

donalloy1

Dear SSer's,

Need to add a DC Slave for charging Phones and such on the fly. Think that mounting Slave in Lighter Blank in Ashtray would be most logical and clean place to do it.

Question is to those that have done this. How did you add the circuit to fuse panel or other means of energizing? Will be pulling minimal amperage for personal electronics. Not running a blender or anything like that.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. DMLII sends.....

ryan77

Get a cig lighter from a parts store mount it in the stock location, Run wire to fuse block with a male end and plug it in to the switched open terminal on the fuse block. The other wire goes to ground. That should be good for phone charger, gps etc.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theres no 24 volt in the fuse box only on the buss bar!
Now, now, now! Take your 12V test light out and plug in into all of the lower terminals. You will find the 24V when the light suddenly gets really bright followed by darkness. LOL

There is a 24V fuse in the lower portion of the fuse box.

On a related note. I have an armor dome light in my CUCV. Still 24V and tapped into that fuse. She (the bride) noticed the light on in the cab yesterday, 2 days after I parked it. Sucker started right up. Kinda glad I left the dome light 24V.

M1031CMT

The ash tray assembly was damaged when we got our M1010, so we started off by removing the door assembly. Then we made a plate that would cover the hole, painted it OD like the dash, then installed a marine-grade 12v plug and CB radio quick-connection points on it.

Our M1010 was already converted to 12v before we got it, so we connected into an always-live circuit and installed some circuit breakers and fuses in line to the 12v and CB connections. The plate was then screwed to the bottom of the dash.

Couldn't find a great picture, but this is what it looks like once we were finished.

Attachments

Anubis8472

The ash tray assembly was damaged when we got our M1010, so we started off by removing the door assembly. Then we made a plate that would cover the hole, painted it OD like the dash, then installed a marine-grade 12v plug and CB radio quick-connection points on it.

Our M1010 was already converted to 12v before we got it, so we connected into an always-live circuit and installed some circuit breakers and fuses in line to the 12v and CB connections. The plate was then screwed to the bottom of the dash.

Couldn't find a great picture, but this is what it looks like once we were finished.
That looks pretty good. Of course I use my ashtray, you know, for ashes.
Curious though ... why is your transfer case shifter backwards?
I have my civvy radio/cd player mounted in similar fashion to your CB and the T-case shifter doesn't leave a whole lot of room.

tourus

to ansewer the transfer case question. at least on my 1010 the transfer lever has a bend in bent backwards. almost looks like mine was heated and bent 80 or 90 degrees for some reason I think it is pretty cool.

Red_506

The reason the shifter on the t-case is "backwards" is because of how the radio mounts in an m1010; the mount sits pretty much above the t-case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks