• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added 2000# crane to LMTV bed

wehring

I added a bed crane to the LMTV. These beds have 4"x4" holes at each corner so we added a base to the crane so it can be moved around to each corner. It has a 2000# capacity and extends to 7'. The arm folds down to store against the mast. It is a Liftmoore L21W and I had it primed and painted black before delivery.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. I know Oxyacetylene was looking for one of those at the NC Rally. Very hand pieces of equipment (never saw one on duty).

Last edited:

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice. I know Oxyacetylene was looking for one of those at the NC Rally. Very hand pieces of equipment (never saw one on duty).
That's an aftermarket solution, but looks like a good one! The "OEM" variant is pretty rare. I really like the idea of having a crane in the bed for loading tires, generator, tow bars, etc.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a quick look at the specs says the crane you have is equipped with the optional boom to get the longer reach. 2000 lb at 3 ft and 857lb at 7ft. Did you have yours equipped with a 24VDC motor instead of the default 12V? Add a NATO slave plug to it?

Artisan

All these trucks are all screaming for awesome modifications like Wehring
has oh so skillfully done. I like yours better than mine! It's too bad
the LMHC for the LMTV's is so scarce.

CLICK HERE to see mine and hear me gloat in a you tube.
I started to delete it but it is funny listening to me pat myself o the back,
but, it took me about a year to gather up all the parts and make the
flatbed etc.

Go back many pages in the Artisan's M916 thread and you will see some
of it being built if you can pull yourself from THIS page of awesome! HA!

Cranes ROCK!

Wehring, as always, makes awesome stuff!

dawico

Very nice. I added a small crane to my truck but nothing like that.

A movable mount may be in my future too but I got too busy to deal with it. Someday.........

wehring

20 hours to Phx an hour on scene and 20 hours home. It was a nice drive. Weather was perfect and the guy was a perfect match for the 151. 6 kids 8-10y/o flash mobbed the jeep when I unloaded it. Perfect home. Set the cruise and rolled out.

justin

wehring

Stumps

Moved some stumps today. Trackhoe pulled them up a few weeks ago so a lot of the dirt has been washed off from the rains we have been getting. Don't have a weight but they were heavy.

justin wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks