• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added a M1008

cjcottrill

I added a M1008 yesterday. I’ve been looking for a replacement pick-up for a couple years, since I sold my utility truck and my ranger. I don’t really need a utility truck anymore, just a truck to do normal chores and commute the 15 miles to work in. The M1008 seemed like a logical choice. I’ve been watching the prices climb ever higher and let several go because I thought they were over priced. I saw one on CL in SE Indiana, talked to the owner and decided to make the 4 hour trek to check it out. The truck body looks good, was apparently owned by the local PD. The owner had begun to “civilianize” its appearance. To make a long story short I made the deal, paid a little more than I had hoped, but it is now mine. He tossed in an extra 6.2 with about 39,000mi, the stock rims (sans mounting plates), the bridge plate, troop seats, cargo cover frame, BO lights, and a few other things he had cut off it. I’m sure I’ll spend a lot more time putting it all back on and searching for the parts he couldn’t find. Good recovery, 4 hours each way, heavy rain, but did well. Now another project to added to the list of unfinished projects around the house. The wife tells everyone I’m stocking up for retirement. She may be right.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks