• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added some 3.5" flood lights for the front and also in the rear as backup lights

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed these little 3.5" Leds (1320 Lumens) to the three holes in the bumper and two as backup lights. Will be wiring them up tomorrow. Just going to use toggle switches on these lights as they are only 18W each.

Mark

bumper lights.jpg

bracket lights.jpg
s-l1600 (1)11.jpg
s-l1600 (1)2222.jpg

Last edited:

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just do a search on a popular auction site for [FONT=&quot]2X 3.5inch 18W Round LED Work Light Flood. [/FONT]They are 10-30 volts and are under 16 bucks shipped.

[FONT=&quot]Mark

[/FONT]

ikoinu

Like it! And good job on the antenna mount lights, great idea! I've been thinking about how to set some light on my front end because that option is no longer available due to the winch.
How's the light you put on your hood Joe, and any pics of it working?

JoeJrTheBarber

How's the light you put on your hood Joe, and any pics of it working?
Not as of yet as the truck is still in my friends shop getting buttoned up. I will post a full build log on here once its back in my possession.
As far as the hood light goes its just mounted with the two provided brackets and some grade 8 hardware to the hood itself.
HoodLite2.jpgHoodLite.jpgHoodLite1.jpg
Pretty sure due to placement it wont really put any light directly in front of the truck but will have to help in the dark of night to see.
I have the three round ones in the bumper and a square LED that replaced my blackout light for that...
July4th.jpgFog.jpg

ikoinu

Once you fire that led bar up and see the results, I am going to follow suit.
I have the same brush guard as both of you, was thinking about putting a smaller led bar on the bottom of it to light up lower (same thing as the bumper lights are doing) and throwing some cubes on the windshield hinge with an adapter.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks