• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a tach?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get a programmable tach (VDO makes a good one) and tap into the rpm sensor on ALT 1.

Works great and no need to mount anything under hood.

Extremely easy install.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISSPRO is a brand. So is VDO
The tach has to be programmable to work with the stock system.
I chose VDO and used a laser rpm reader to set the baseline.
Search old threads and the info should come up.

Just do a search for ISSPRO and VDO and you will find them.

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Digital Dakota SGI-8E Tach interface, tap into either gen 1 or 2 (they both have the post), or tap into the brown tach signal wire on the diagnostic port. (gen 1) . You can then wire in any gasoline electric tach, follow the instructions, and bingo rpm display in a CUCV. Here is my setup.
20161025_125220.jpg

Blood_of_Tyrants

What's ISSPRO my friend? Have you got a link .. I'm wanting to fit one just so I can find out if my 1009 really does shift up to 3rd ... Seriously I can't tell?!
Do you not think it is going into third? To find out, just place the gear shift lever to 2nd when you are at about 40. You will definitely feel the downshift.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has a tach.

Try ISSPRO for the sensor.
I know they have one for the harmonic balancer.
Not sure about the flywheel sensor.

Hal O'Peridol

I have noticed that there is a bracket to mount a sensor of some type to read off the harmonic balancer. Does the harmonic balancer have a built in magnet or whatever to trip a pickup sensor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks