• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a Third axle to my deuce

DavidWymore

I would recommend doing it to a M36A2 with the 17' bed and extra long wheel base. You could put the extra axle in front of the others. If it was me I would just use the front spring kit off of another truck like what we do with bobbed trucks.

I sell 2 1/2 ton rears for $250 and front spring kjits for $300 and even have a M36A2 I would sell.

Derek Taylor
I'd add another steering axle behind the front one I think.

rmgill

What about adding a steering rear axle back there? Move the bogey set forwards, and add linkage to the rear axle. Pivot point becomes the center.

Or add the 2nd steer axle under the cab.

rmgill

What about adding a steering rear axle back there? Move the bogey set forwards, and add linkage to the rear axle. Pivot point becomes the center.

Or add the 2nd steer axle under the cab.

RangerDave

Well after a bunch of hemming and hawwing.... Adding the 3rd axle to help increase the safety of hauling capacity may not hold sway with the Commercial Enforcement Division of the State Police.... They are not convinced of many things and I am not sure I can get the truck that was designed for up to 26,000 lbs a boost to something higher.... Like 35,000lbs. So it looks like I will need to run light and get a 5 ton when I decide to get my Comm Dr. License ....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks