• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a TPMS to the M35

Never seen one on a duece,but the trucking company I worked for had them on the fleet. They had their drawbacks. Some units were difficult to maintain and operate and others tended to be quite finicky at times. Personally, I would rather just check with a gauge frequently than use these. Maybe if they come out with one that addresses some of the bugs with predecessors I might think differently. Would like to see how this works out for you though!.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen one on a duece,but the trucking company I worked for had them on the fleet. They had their drawbacks. Some units were difficult to maintain and operate and others tended to be quite finicky at times. Personally, I would rather just check with a gauge frequently than use these. Maybe if they come out with one that addresses some of the bugs with predecessors I might think differently. Would like to see how this works out for you though!.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm using the EEZ system, and yes it is finicky. But I like it and also have both of my trailers programmed into it as well.

Attachments

rustystud

I'm using the EEZ system, and yes it is finicky. But I like it and also have both of my trailers programmed into it as well.
I love your dash ! I now wish I had went with a switch plate like yours ! Mine are all over the place. I forget which switch does what half the time. How did you make your switch labels ?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is SO much other stuff I could put that money towards. Do you guys ever really have tire pressure issues? Once I had a tire deflate in winter, it was -14* and the truck was parked for winter. I've never had issues other than that one incident.

Edit, for Rusty:
http://www.brother-usa.com/ptouch/

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love your dash ! I now wish I had went with a switch plate like yours ! Mine are all over the place. I forget which switch does what half the time. How did you make your switch labels ?
Thanks Rusty. Means a bunch from a seasoned guy like you. I use a Dymo label maker.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is SO much other stuff I could put that money towards. Do you guys ever really have tire pressure issues? Once I had a tire deflate in winter, it was -14* and the truck was parked for winter. I've never had issues other than that one incident.

Edit, for Rusty:
Hey there Gimp. Yes, I consider having tire pressure avail. as very important. Esp. since my front tires are tubeless on A3 wheels without beadlocks. If one of those gets low, it could break the bead loose and suddenly be one with the road. On my last trip to the north Georgia rally, I had the left outer rear forward axle tire loose about half of its pressure, was real good to know and fix before it was an issue. I consider safety as a wise investment.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Understood!

I went the beadlock route and have run flats im thinking about putting in my front tires. Mine are tubeless too and while I think about what could go wrong,the track record has been fine.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a TPMS on my M923A1 and my M105 when I was on the RT66 MVPA convoy. Worked great, but the 14.00x20 build a lot of psi when they heat up.

rustystud

Edit, for Rusty:
Thanks Chris ! Went out and bought one. Now I need to figure it out !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks