• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding a winch to a dump M817

Sephirothq

I have a winch setup from a M818 that I want to put on a M817 without a winch. The dump has a PTO on the transmission. Can I use the same PTO for the front winch from the dump? Everything else should be about the same right? I don't have a PTO control lever in the dump? So do i use the M818 controls? Or do i have to make one PTO from the two?

Also I need seals for the dump PTO. Who sells / where to get them?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transmission-mounted winch-PTO's are the same for the M817 and the M818. Only, the dump is a so called "dual-output", with the rear accessory drive added, for the hydraulic pump.
There should be no problem to swap all parts including the control lever, from one to the other truck.
Maybe the front output shaft & key-way from the PTO on the M817 is just rusty, if it never had the yoke on...

See this thread, for the seals... (M35 and 5-ton PTO seals are the same size).

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks