• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adding air locking fron axle?

rnrracing

I have a 1966 M109A3 and it doesn't have the air locking front axle. When I am backing up I think the front axle locks in and it becomes very hard to back around a corner and it makes a loud bang every once in a while. I would like to know if I can add the air locking device to it or is that too much work or even possible? Thanks for your input.

rnrracing

Thanks for that suggestion. I now know alot more about this subject. I was totally on the wrong track here. it is not the axle at all and changing to a air would take replacing the transfer case and maybe some bracketry. Probably more time consuming of a job than I would like to handle by myself. I think I might just sell the truck and look for an A3. From doing some research it looks like it comes with all the stuff I would try to add to the M109A3.

rnrracing

Does this sound like it is just out of adjustment? If so could you tell me how to adjust right? I have a asphalt driveway that is about 150 feet long and curved and every time I drive this truck I have to back down and around a corner so if it is always going to be a problem because of the sprag then I would like to know. I am very new to the M35's so any advise I could get would be very helpful. Thanks

Stan

The adjustment procedure is in the tech. manuals. These are available at the top of the page under resources. With the sprag. it is bad to let the truck roll ( clutch depressed)forward when in reverse and roll back when in a forward gear. TM 's are interesting reading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks