• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding breakers to a MEP-802A?

kayak1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pointers, it looks like I have a bit of homework to work on this weekend. Once I get everything suggested done, I will report back.
Thanks again!

kayak1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the engine RPM is moving around a little, thus the change isn Hz and voltage. Everything else looks to be good.

For now I have update the inverter to just use the generator as dirty input and not attempt to sync with it.

Thus when the generator is running loads will be limited to the generators max VA. With my little Honda EU2000i and the auto transformer (stepped the 120 to split phase 120/240) I was able to sync the two, thus I was limited to peaks of the Honda +16.97kVA which was great.

I am going to see about getting some diesel injection cleaner add it to the fuel. I will let the MEP-802a do it's weekly tests and run through a few power outages to see if it smooths out. If it becomes more stable (It's really good enough for everything but my inverter to sync to it) I will attempt to see about putting it back into support mode and give it a test.

For now things seem to work well enough, my well and other normal loads work off the generator, if the loads are too big the inverter will temporarily drop the generator and run from battery and with the generator when it's dark it should only need to run for 1 hour on and 5 hours off. I am likely overthinking things and have a really good setup (perfect does get in the way of good).

Thanks again!

Guyfang

Staff member
Normally these cables either work, or fail... little ground in the middle in what I have seen. If you can pull it taught and have it hold RPM, you shouldnt consider replacing it. You would notice a failed cable as it would either not hold tension, or would back itself our rather quickly (or be frozen, and unable to adjust at all).

If it aint broke, don't fix it. The cable, as mentioned, works or it doesn't work. No lee way there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks