• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding hydraulics to a 923

twrecks

New to the 5 tons and have a quick question. I have the opportunity to buy a really nice M923 but I really want a winch. How hard is it to retrofit a 923 with the pto and hydraulics like a 925 has?? Is it a bolt up hydraulic pump or is it more complicated than that? Any help is appreciated.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the PTO is available on the commercial market. I'd expect it to cost around $500+ new though.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disagree that it is an easy install. You just about have to pull the motor and transmission to get the PTO installed. There just isn't any room to spare there. Yes, you can disconnect all the mounts and jack the cab up, but if you want hydraulics, buy an M925. Or don't believe me, try it, and write about it here! :beer:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Its a major pain in the a$$ to install,I just removed and sold 2 hyd.kits and winches from 2 trucks.Good luck.I sold the hyd.kits with out the winches for $1000.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I disagree that it is an easy install. You just about have to pull the motor and transmission to get the PTO installed. There just isn't any room to spare there. Yes, you can disconnect all the mounts and jack the cab up, but if you want hydraulics, buy an M925. Or don't believe me, try it, and write about it here! :beer:
Eeek, guess it's good I haven't installed the crane yet on my project. My cab is gone and I can clearly see the PTO plate right now. Am I in for a lot of trouble even with that much clearance?

Rkrug

I was able to install a PTO on my M923A1 with out removing anything but the dipstick tube on the tranny, I was some how able to do it my self but having another person to help would have made it go a lot faster. I also installed the rest of the hydraulic system including the controls, after installing the PTO the rest of it seemed pretty easy, all of the holes were pre drilled when mounting the pump on the frame.
RK

IMG_0735.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0720.jpgIMG_0715.jpgIMG_0714.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks