• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding Iron Planet Section

cobra5

Since Iron Planet (IP) took over the rolling stock from Gov. Liquidators (GL), has it been discussed or mentioned about adding an IP section within the discussion section that GL is in?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's currently talks about it. But the reasoning for the GL section was more to allow GL to have interaction with users here with their auctions.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At one point a GL rep was very active here answering questions for the membership. That did last long. :-(

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It didn't last long cause their customer service sucks. Once we had someone to ask questions at that company, well its like flying a kite with a key on it in an electrical storm...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My issue with the GL rep (can't remember her name) is that she had no authority to help anybody.

This was during the time of the big deuce flood. Lots of members were buying trucks and GL was having huge deuce auctions. Just because of the shear numbers that were selling each week there were more than a few problems. The membership was lead to believe that the rep was sent here to help work through the problems some members were having. Every single time the rep was presented with a problem or question, the only advice she ever gave was you should contact GL customer service.

I'm not really blaming her as she was likely given the job by management but she evidently had no authority at all to help people with their problems. I mean, any member here can tell you to call customer service, we didn't need a rep for that.

FloridaAKM

I have dealt with several GL reps after auctions in the past, both male & female, with mixed results. Once I was shorted ammo boxes for an auction that the pallets were clearly marked by the military, GL screwed up & my answer from them was tuff......auction is final. Other times there were overages on lots & their response was the same.....auction is final. The reps just man the sites for getting transfers done. GP is having birthing pains as they get into the swing of things it seems also.

Do we need a GP section....try it out & see what happens. If it bombs, delete it or let it die a lingering death over time!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My issue with the GL rep (can't remember her name) is that she had no authority to help anybody.

This was during the time of the big deuce flood. Lots of members were buying trucks and GL was having huge deuce auctions. Just because of the shear numbers that were selling each week there were more than a few problems. The membership was lead to believe that the rep was sent here to help work through the problems some members were having. Every single time the rep was presented with a problem or question, the only advice she ever gave was you should contact GL customer service.

I'm not really blaming her as she was likely given the job by management but she evidently had no authority at all to help people with their problems. I mean, any member here can tell you to call customer service, we didn't need a rep for that.
Ramona?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the railroad forum. ;-)
Since a wishlist is underway, what about an M35A2C w/w n/a forum? Haha! Honestly, the amount of forums reminds me of phone tree systems used by God knows how many companies to keep operators from answering phones.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't toss the railroad forum idea into this heap. I really appreciate every thread and post related to that type of heavy iron!

Rick

Truckoholic

I'm glad I happened to find this thread. ha ha I kept searching GL for trucks since I've been wanting to buy another one lately, and have been quite disturbed that they seemed to be non existent on GL. I just happened to see this thread, and opened it up, and was quite happy to find IronPlanet!

cobra5

Let see if I can explain myself better. I wasn't asking about adding IP/GP to have interaction with the company. My thought was in the "Government Liquidation/DRMO/GSA" section to add IP/GP to the header. In the section titled "Suggestions", add IP/GP to the narrative. Finally, in the " Remarkable GL Employee" section, change the narrative to include IP/GP. People seem to be talking about IP/GP so why not update the board to reflect the change. I hope this makes more sense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks