• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adding new TM manuals

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just went to email someone a couple manuals - problem is most email services only allow files up to a certain size. Most of these .pdf Govt. manuals are HUGE, and easily surpass that limit.

Is there an upgrade to the site in the works that would allow us to once again upload manuals to this site? Can't understand why the new site doesn't have the TMs here....

papercu

Some of the manuals I see here are broken into sections, so you may still have the same problem? Would ZIP files work? Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try GMail. If you send from one Gmail acct to another you can transfer pretty big files. I've done some good sized TMs before with positive results.

mangus580

Umm, you still can upload them to the 'old' site.

The reason they arent here yet, is the major logistics of moving them. I had a volunteer way back in October... but he disappeared sometime in november, and I dont have the time to handle it right now.

Upload to the old site...

n3sq

Manuals

How are the manuals stored? Are they in a database or a flat-file?
What software are you using for managing the manuals?

IF it's just a matter of modifying a control file or a datastructure, I probably have a bit of time & talent to fix it. Plus I have a bunch of manuals to upload.

PM me if you'd like.

Alex

Umm, you still can upload them to the 'old' site.

The reason they arent here yet, is the major logistics of moving them. I had a volunteer way back in October... but he disappeared sometime in november, and I dont have the time to handle it right now.

Upload to the old site...