• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding Pictures as an Attachment

wltrmtty

I've read all of the posts about posting pictures as an attachment (below the thread box) but I am having no luck. I've done it before because I have a a picture in my file manager, but this time it will not work. The picture I want to upload is also within the size requirement - it's 448 x 336 and less than 71KB.

This is what I am doing:
- Click on Manage Attachments, below.
- Click on Add Files.
- Click on Choose Files.
- Double click on the picture I want to upload.
- Click on Upload.

The thingy on the Upload Manager spins for about two seconds, goes out, and nothing.

What am I doing wrong? It says I have an image capacity of 10 and I've only uploaded 1 image. What am I doing wrong?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Need more details.

Using a land based ISP? Or mobile device? What OS? What browser? What security settings do you have for AJAX/Javascripting. I know someone emailed me yesterday with the same problem, but it was a mac, unfortunately I don't have one to test with anymore.

wltrmtty

I don't know what an ISP is, but I use a laptop and cable modem, Windows 7 with Google Chrome.

Java Settings (I couldn't find AJAX):
Cookies - Allow local data to be set (recommended)
Images - Show all images (recommended)
Java Scripts - Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)
Handlers - Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended)
Plug-Ins - Run automatically (recommended)
Pop Ups - Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) (I have Steel Soldiers as an exception)
Downloads - Ask when a site tries to download files automatically after the first file (recommended)

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pic uploaded from Win 7 pro 64 bit, chrome browser. Clicked on the image icon above the edit window and selected the pic there.

CH01_13_02_06_14_17_33.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ISP - Time Warner. Avast internet security.
I've seen avast cause problems on multiple things in the past (not just here). I use AVG on this PC. So when you click on the add files button in the top right, you should have a new window to open in that window to browse for files. Does that happen? If it does, can you select the files? If that does happen, when you've selected the files, you should have an option to upload them. All of this is javascript based though and dependent on your browser and security software settings.

wltrmtty

I've seen avast cause problems on multiple things in the past (not just here). I use AVG on this PC. So when you click on the add files button in the top right, you should have a new window to open in that window to browse for files. Does that happen? If it does, can you select the files? If that does happen, when you've selected the files, you should have an option to upload them. All of this is javascript based though and dependent on your browser and security software settings.
Yes, I've done all that and the "i'm thinking" thingy swirls for about three seconds (longer for larger pics), goes out, and the attachments window closes. I'll need to check my security settings.

Thanks everyone!!