• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adding reverse lights on the M35

Copybell

I bought a pair of led lights and wired them into the black out lights. When I turn the light switch to B.O. the backup lights come on along with the B.O. lights, since I don't use the B.O. lights it doesn't bother me that they all come on together. The wire feeding the B.O. lights is right there at the rear of the truck where the back up lights needed to go, no additional switch for the back up lights was needed, I figured this method of adding the back up lights was a 'no brainer'

Copybell

davidb56

I bumped this thread because I get a "404" message, and want to research on how to add a reverse switch on my M35A2C transmission. So far I found a thread here that the reverse/first rod on the top/back of the transmission moves, which some have mounted a proximity switch to operate.

Last edited:

rustystud

I bumped this thread because I get a "404" message, and want to research on how to add a reverse switch on my M35A2C transmission. So far I found a thread here that the reverse/first rod on the top/back of the transmission moves, which some have mounted a proximity switch to operate.
Peashooter used to make this conversion. I don't know if he still does though. Contact him.

Katavic918

IMG_2051.jpg
I added reverse/bed lights running off of an independent switch on the dash. I wanted to be able to use them as work lights which is why I wanted an independent control for them.

davidb56

I have the work light set up. I need it independent and only operated in reverse because Im old and will forget to shut them off. At night time, this could cause confusion from someone behind me thinking it is headlights.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats what Im looking for. Thank you. Unfortunately it looks like I need to pull the transmission top cover off to do it. I would incorporate that mod during a clutch replacement. I think a decent temporary solution would be a limit switch since the rod is fully extended in reverse.
I simply used a heavy duty rubber-covered push-button switch (starter switch) from a tractor supply store, drilled a hole through the cross member in line with the rod and mounted the switch so that the rod will press the push button when in reverse. Has worked flawlessly since 2009! No cover removal or rod cutting required.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?54179-quot-Let-It-Be-Light-quot-Backup-Lights

Last edited:

davidb56

@ Cattlerepairman.......funny you mentioned that....I ordered one earlier today from Surplus Center along with some other hydraulic parts I need. Limit switch is 30$, momentary button switch is 5$ and its brass.