• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Additional troop seats

jimm1009

Has anyone ever fabricated a mini-troop seat for the forward part of the bed for additional passengers to be used in slow moving parades, etc.
I think that there would be room for two or possibly three young adults to sit if there was a mini-troop seat in that area. I do know that there has to be room for the side seats to fold down but if this could be done then there would one big seat in the shape of a U as viewed from above.
Any ideas or pictures out there?
Thanks in advance

papercu

seats

Shouldn't be a problem. Folding chairs would work for a parade or for temporary seating just add some boards and bolt or clamp them down accross the right and left troop seats. (for that matter you could add some every few feet.)
If you want to fab fold-downs to the headboard I think I have some of the metal parts here.
Just be aware of your state laws regarding seat belts use and/or carrying of passengers. Wayne

jimm1009

Yes I am aware of the state laws but that is an excellent point that we should all consider.

I would be operating in an official parade with permits for special circumstances.

Jim

emr

folding chairs have worked for years for me, and some very large people have sat in them... :shock: ...I pride myself on the compliments I alway get on how smooth and steady the ride is... :D ...SO keep it under a hundred, But also I find that most of the time the front bows in are the most prefered for riders of all ages to lean on them and look foward standing, and the troop seats sure do work well also...Randy

N1265

go to Lowes and get them plastic legs for making pic-nick table benches, You can make them out of 2x4s any length you need , easy to remove from the truck after the parade plus you can use them in the garage for keeping stuff off the floor and maybe as a step for getting into the truck itself .