• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adjusting Fuel

mrgerke81

Switched from c code 6.2 diesel in a k10 to a military 6.2 hummer engine. Had to switch over many parts (intake manifold, brackets, exhaust headers, fuel solenoid, etc.) When started it up noticed a lot of black dark smoke from unburnt fuel. I have turned down the fuel slightly to correct issue. It has helped with black smoke a lot. It still smokes when under load. My question is how much is the ip pump turned up on a hummer engine. Or how much should I keep turning the allen screw counter clockwise. I turned the screw from a 12 oclock position to about a 9 oclock position. The motor seems to have enough power when about middle throttle. When full throttle it seems to lose power. The timing seems to be also advanced all the way to the right if looking straight at the ip pump.

Thanks
Mike

mrgerke81

Okay no one has made any suggestions thus far. I found out that when I put the stock intake on the engine I needed to block the egr opening. Gonna go to parts store and get gasket set for 1 ton j code engine to block ports. Should I put hummer intake back on and fabricate an adaptor to fit the filter pan on top the intake? The hummer intake sat to low and the filter pan would not sit flat on intake manifold. Maybe I can turn the fuel back up when I block the egr openings.

Westech

CPL
use the hummer intake and dump that EGR. Advance the timing a tad and that will help with the smoke. sounds like you have a 6.5 pump on there. I did that to one of my M1008's and it would always smoke under load.. its just a little much fuel. you can also turn down the fuel a bit.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks