• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advantage of electric engine fan

I plan on going electric this summer. Things seem to get a bit warm while wheeling since I drive it like an old turtle. Not sure how I feel about ford parts on it but if that's what fits and works the best.....
That fan set looks exactly like the dual electric fan set up from my daughters old PT Cruiser. I know because I had to replace them due to a worn electric motor carbon brush. I'm guessing that like many auto parts these days, they mass produce them in China and each "maker" uses their "own brand"...

Tongloong

I'm with you on the Ford parts but $20 each for my steel 1ton junk yard rims off of a Ford cargo van couldn't be beat.

As for the thermostat, the one in my cooling system is 190. I would get an electric fan thermostat at 195. That way youre not running the fan until the truck needs it. If you go with 180 for example, and your trucks cooling system thermostat cycles at 190, your fan will always be on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks