• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice from a Deuce mechanic needed

mrgerke81

I have a M35 Deuce and half with the Hercules engine. Recently I had a stuck injector and had it fixed and reinstalled. Truck runs very rough still and smokes. I am getting out of my scope of expertise and looking for a mechanic or shop to look at the problem. I live in the Raleigh NC area. Any advice will help.

Thanks

Ryanpowell167

If the injector hung open, there is a chance that you've melted a piston or scored a cylinder. Second the compression check, if low then inspect valve train and if that's good then your yanking a head.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get a no contact infra red temp gun. let it run and start scanning the area of the exhaust manifold at each exhaust port. Find the cold one and start there.

mrgerke81

Okay, here is the latest. I did a compression test today. From front to back(radiator to fire wall)

#1 350psi
#2 0psi
#3 0psi
#4 350psi
#5 350psi
#6 will build to 200psi and leak down to 100psi

looks like the heads must come off. Now to just find the time.

RAYZER

Okay, here is the latest. I did a compression test today. From front to back(radiator to fire wall)

#1 350psi
#2 0psi
#3 0psi
#4 350psi
#5 350psi
#6 will build to 200psi and leak down to 100psi

looks like the heads must come off. Now to just find the time.
Ouch!
May be able to find a good used engine, might be cheaper and easyer.

Last edited:

EWhytsell

Get a no contact infra red temp gun. let it run and start scanning the area of the exhaust manifold at each exhaust port. Find the cold one and start there.
Thats a very good, quick, approach to finding the trouble area of an engine. I'm surprised you don't see it mentioned more often.