• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice from a Deuce mechanic needed

mrgerke81

Head Gasket

IMG_20140520_145800_074.jpg

Pulled heads yesterday. Luckily only 75 degrees and no humidity. Went fairly well. Head gasket was definitely blow between cylinders. Set heads to machine shop to get worked on. I am going to need to rent or borrow a tool to retorque nuts. Please pm me if willing to loan out.

Thanks

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Cheap torque wrench can be found at Wally World in the auto section with the tire changing section. Well worth the investment.
he didn't mean a torque wrench, he meant the special tool for the nuts. very hard to find, most people just weld one up, just keep the drive over the nut.
i would not trust a cheap torque wrench for something so important either.
be sure to have all injectors tested, rarely have i ever seen a set of 6 that were all good, it may run fine but dirty nozzles also cause hard starting.

ke5eua

he didn't mean a torque wrench, he meant the special tool for the nuts. very hard to find, most people just weld one up, just keep the drive over the nut.
i would not trust a cheap torque wrench for something so important either.
be sure to have all injectors tested, rarely have i ever seen a set of 6 that were all good, it may run fine but dirty nozzles also cause hard starting.
Ahh gotcha. Didn't realize special tool.

mrgerke81

Well... I am hoping for just the head gasket. It was obvious when I pulled the head and saw the firing ring missing in between the cylinders. The top of pistons look real good. Hopefully, I will have the heads back next week from machine shop.