• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice help. very tired.

seabee mike

Thankyou for the advice and help. No longer tired.

I picked it back up for 1700.00, took a lot to get it started, mostly due to bad batteries. I jumped it with my ford diesel and used 2 batteries on one. It fired up and I drove it home. I got it restarted yesterday but it was hard again. So I went out and bought new battrieshoocked the up and still nothing. No heat to the GP. I cleaned up the posts on the GPR and nothing. I would hear is click after like 2 min. I tried to jump it and it seemed to click loud but I don't think I know what I'm doing. After reading and searching, I find it very hard to use the search here. google seems to find it better but still lacking detail info. The Wait to start light now does not turn on. Fuses look good. One was melted, likely from me jumping a wire. It started and dies when did the jump. Anyway, I just ordered a new glowplug control card. I'm looking for the glow plug relay but cant finds one like it. seen someone say to use a napa st-85 but it does not have 4 posts.?? not sure how to use it. I think I may as well change the glow plugs too. But I can't find what brand is the good ones. Seems there were issues with swelling with AC Delco? any help is greatly wanted. Statement of use the search function is rude as I have already stated I'm having a hard time using it.

Last edited:

seabee mike

Looking at the resister bypass. I tried that once before but messed it up. I am wanting to do it now but the how to write up confuses me.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please contact the site administrator, your old account is still accessible.

It is against the site rules to start a second account.

Did you try contacting the admin before starting a second account?

It might be a good idea to ask how to use the search function, rather than refuse it.

Lots of help on this site.

seabee mike

I was not refusing the search, I was asking for help. Too many people answer with use the search. I was already doing it. Just how do contact adman when I don't have an account that I can get to? I can't PM. Can't get to info, But if I knew how to I would have.

seabee mike

I went to napa and it only had 3 post. (st-85) I see 4 on the thread but I believe that is the old stock one that was opened up. But I was very tired and who knows.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was not refusing the search, I was asking for help. Too many people answer with use the search. I was already doing it. Just how do contact adman when I don't have an account that I can get to? I can't PM. Can't get to info, But if I knew how to I would have.

Without being logged in(and while logged in), you can click on the "contact us" link at the bottom right of every page of this site.

Please do this now, so it is easier to merge your accounts.

MarcusOReallyus

I ordered a BWD Continuous duty Solenoid. is the correct NApa ST-85 or the Ford Relay better?

Nah. You are fine with the BWD. It will work for you. Will it last as long as the NAPA or the Ford? Dunno, but right now, you are tired and you need to get up and running. So take that worry off your plate - the BWD is fine.

Speaking of taking another worry off your plate:

Looking at the resister bypass. I tried that once before but messed it up. I am wanting to do it now but the how to write up confuses me.
I suggest you postpone that until you have things squared away and running. Not that it's a bad thing, but again, you don't need anything else on your plate.

On the GPs, the AC60G are recommended. It's the Wellmans that have the swelling problem. But either will work for you. If you go with the AC60G, you need to change the connector - they require a standard .250 connector, and the stock connector is smaller than that (but it fits the Swellmans). I highly recommend you stick with 3M nylon connectors. This is no place to go cheap.

:beer:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Ford" relays are not correct.

It must have an isolated ground.

seabee mike

I bought the gpr 109 from napa per a thread here. Is that a ford? Not good?

I also bought 8g wire and a mega fust 80 amp per another thread. Wire from front battery to the gpr. Yes or no? Im not temoving the stock unit. Just disconnecting it from the gpr.

I found 4 gp were bad. So I replaced all of them today.

Feedback?

Last edited: