• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice needed with Ft. Jackson pickup

rtl434

I'm looking for advice removing a truck (M35) from Ft. Jackson on the 16th of March. As they do not allow drive offs, I'm wondering how others have removed trucks they wanted to drive versus hauling. :?:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the VA DMV site to get a temporary transit tag. Get your insurance...and you are set for the ride home.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As you can't drive it off, you will either have to towbar or trailer it off base, then drop it somewhere and go for it.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, if you get it trailered or tow-bared outside the DRMO gate AND have insurance, you could drive it from there on - if it's drivable. Easier to call a local truck recovery/towing service and have it moved off base where you could prep it for rolling on it's own. While I'm not endorsing them, Campbell's Wrecker Service (803-771-0206) is one such firm in the Columbia, SC area.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhh...I misunderstood. I thought he might be able to with tags and insurance, but now I see I was mistaken.