• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on bumper markings - historical

pad_cdr

Trying to decide whether to re-stencil the bumper markings on my M35A2 to match the Deuce I was assigned to drive for 2 1/2 years in Germany in the 70's or leave the markings that were on it when I got it from the Iowa National Guard three years ago.

What have you done, or what do you think?

steelandcanvas

I used the bumper numbers from my Deuce I had in Germany on my present Deuce. It's to honor the unit and my brothers in arms at that time.

8F316... 8th Division, 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery
SVC 14...Service Battery, Vehicle Number 14

Your old unit in Germany probably means more to you than the NG unit in Iowa. Often I get asked when the Club participates in a display event, what do the numbers on your bumper mean? It is always a conversation starter.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I put the bumper numbers of the deuce I was signed for in my unit instead of using the bumper numbers on.....

Oh wait, I actually now own the deuce that I was signed for. Guess I don't have to change them!:)

F18hornetM

I changed my duece and 5 ton from Army trucks to Marine corps trucks.
I marked them like our trucks were marked, which compared to the Army have very little markings on them. Just USMC and the truck #.
I really think you can mark them how you see fit. Its your truck! :beer:

sandcobra164

Mine had good numbers marked when I got it. If I repaint, I'll put them back. My first encounter with a Deuce was C-4, the supply truck of 1-64 Armor during our invasion into Iraq. I would use those numbers but that truck was desert tan and I prefer a woodland camo truck. I did install a C turbo to make mine slightly more like it!!!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would put the numbers of the unit you had in Germany on it, but I would also try figure out where that old Deuce now is; still running around, sold like surplus or scrapped.

pad_cdr

I would put the numbers of the unit you had in Germany on it, but I would also try figure out where that old Deuce now is; still running around, sold like surplus or scrapped.
That would be cool - the old Deuce was a Studebaker Packard -- I want to say a '53 but could have been newer. I had it from '76 to '79. Any thoughts on how to track it down? This was one that had an M109 type box built on the back by the unit to serve as a maintenance truck.

wb1895

I put my old unit markings on my Deuce from when I was in the 1st Cavalry Division.

On the Passenger side front bumper it says: 1CD/ 2-5 CAV

On the driver side front bumper it says: B41

Last edited:

Jimma

My numbers on my truck were nicely painted but when I reprinted the truck I had to re do them. I used the numbers that were on it where it was last assigned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks