• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on M998 build

Don Vito

Hey guys, I am relatively new to the site, been looking through all the threads trying to collect solid advice on the best M998 builds outhere but am getting quite a few mixed messages. So I figured i'd start a thread just for the best opinions out there. I am looking to buy an M998 from one of my friends' dad. The body is in good shape and so is the frame. Not real confident in the integrity of the engine or transmission or really anything else, but if its a good idea in yalls opinion, id like to overhaul it and drop a cummins 12v in it. Here's what I hope to do to it/be able to use it for:

Looking to be able to tow 30,000 lbs @ 65mph with a 40' gooseneck (read somewhere on here that someone has towed 52,000lbs with one)

Would like to reach highway speeds of 75mph unloaded

Truck is a 2-door, no top, troop carrier & id like to build it into a 4-door hardtop slantback

Can all this be done, & if so, what is the best way to do it without breaking the bank? i really only have like a 10.5k budget.
ANY advice would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks