• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on moving a bunch of M1101s on a 48ft flatbed and 16ft utility trailer

KWDriver

I won 2 M1102s out of Ft Gordon 3 weeks ago and the Govt challenged the sale. I asked for a refund and accidentally won 16 M1101s out of Atlanta last thursday. Now it has become a hassle to pick them all up. I bid on a bunch to watch them..and then everyone stopped bidding. Very nice for flipping though. Heading up tomorrow to pick up a bunch hopefully. We'll see how many I can get on a 48 foot semi flatbed. Stacked? upright at a 45* angle? Upright on the tailgate? Thoughts on how to get the most on that flatbed? Will also be following the semi with my truck and 16 ft trailer. Think I can get 4 stacked on there?

SLOrazorsedge

i wish I still had the pics I took of two US Army M915A1's each pulling a 40' two axle semi. They were headed to Barstow DRMO loaded with 8 each M1102 trailers in mint NOS condition. The trailers were loaded tongue high at a 45 degree angle with each additional trailer sandwiched similarly and independently chained. They did it right. I've hauled 3 on my 18' beaver tail flatbed trailer, I load them backwards so they overhang the front backwards. No damage and they offload tongue first. Good luck brother, I'm a bit envious. The M1101/1102 trailers in Cali are going for circa $800-$1200. What did you give on an average per trailer?

AceHigh

Interesting. I picked up my 1101 at Atlanta today- just one! They are very nice there, the staff has a forklift that I did not need any help with. Easy in and out compared to a mil base. Good luck on your project, it should pay off for you once you get them home.

I fit 6 on a friend's 32' bumper pull trailer. If I bought that many again I would stack them differently. I think to put the bottom ones upside down and the top ones right side up would make them fit together nicely. You can use the rear support legs upside down to raise the tailgate end of the bottom ones up over the tongue of other ones. I fit six, if I would have been able to stack them differently I could have fit 8 (although the trailer can only technically support 7). They WILL NOT sit inside each other with tires on or off.

IMG_20140304_133726_674-1.jpg

KWDriver

8 on a 48ft flatbed semi

Well I got 8 moved on a 48 ft flatbed. He wouldnt stack them so we put them at a 45* angle and worked pretty good. Ive got 7 more that I have to get this week. Hopefully will go smooth.

Attachments

KWDriver

Well an update, I got all of my trailers home with a couple semi loads and few trips myself. Now to sell a few to pay off that credit card. Thanks for your help guys!