• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

advise needed

Elideclan2

I am finally after two years combing this site, I'm going to take the plunge.
I am looking at a m932a1. overall the truck looks to be in awesome shape. it has no rust, and the paint is in awesome shape. it was recently purchased from GL and has never been registered. the current owner is getting the title prior to the sale.
My concerns are that it looks recently overhauled, but has no tag on the dash conforming it? the odometer reads 300miles and from the look of the truck it looks plausible. lastly the manufactures tag on the motor block says 1982. is it possible that the truck was overhauled and no tags were used? the radiator, hoses,belts and everything in the engine bay look to be new, except the block.There was a sticker on the rear of the truck with a couple of codes and a $87,000 price tag.

has anyone had any experience like this? it looks to be a great truck, I'm am just concerned that the motor was not overhauled with the rest of the truck.

thanks for you time
Greg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
They check to make sure the motor runs ok and then usually paint it black I think it's a rustproofing paint. Properly cared for the engine is good for well over 100k miles. The odometer is a replace as needed part. Sometimes there is an overhaul tag by the drivers door. If it starts runs and drives ok, nothing is leaking out, grinding or smoking you should be ok. Find a local truck shop to check it out if that will make you more comfortable.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes i agree, if your in doubt let a diesel truck shop look it over. you will love them 900 series trucks.. good luck and i hope you enjoy your truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks