• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AFE/K&N air filter

ctappan94

Hey all,

Im new to the forum I just picked up a deuce from ebay, quite excited to get it!!
i want to run it with lower egts to keep it running longer. I read a post about a k&n filter allowing more than cfm that fits on the 465 multifuel but I prefer AFE more and they seem to have better quality filters.. Anyone know the model number or type of AFE filter best suited for the m35a2? Thanks!

Chris

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers... The factory air filter should be plenty enough for you. A good cleaning is all it needs once in a while. Some of us carry air lines with us to allow for roadside cleaning if need be. There are filter kits in the classifieds for easy shopping or you can get them off eBay...

gungearz

My 13 year old son thought he was funny and had his 3 year old sister try this... Pulled her arm in to her shoulder. These trucks breath good enough with the stock filter. Just keep it clean...

welldigger

If your are worried about egt's don't turn your fuel up. Other than that just browse the TM's and enjoy your new truck.

Ford Mechanic

My 13 year old son thought he was funny and had his 3 year old sister try this... Pulled her arm in to her shoulder. These trucks breath good enough with the stock filter. Just keep it clean...

Oww!! hope she was OK??? Did you make him go pee on the electric fence after for punishment???? I've heard of tractors running away and the stop was to put a 2x6 to the intake, and seen the damage to the board after.....

gungearz

Oww!! hope she was OK??? Did you make him go pee on the electric fence after for punishment???? I've heard of tractors running away and the stop was to put a 2x6 to the intake, and seen the damage to the board after.....
Yes sir, she was just fine... The only injury she sustained was a bruise ring under her armpit. 2 seconds after she was stuck to air box, the truck died. She was more scared then anything...
The only punishment my son got was.... I made him grease all (most anyway) the grease fittings on the truck and mom made him cook his own dinner that night...

Ford Mechanic

Yes sir, she was just fine... The only injury she sustained was a bruise ring under her armpit. 2 seconds after she was stuck to air box, the truck died. She was more scared then anything...
The only punishment my son got was.... I made him grease all (most anyway) the grease fittings on the truck and mom made him cook his own dinner that night...
Glad to hear, on the runaway's that I'd seen it about sucked the board into the intake, the ones that were caught before it blew anyway...... Scary stuff.