• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

affects of run on starter

MT4222

Recently I experieced the dreaded run on starter. I did the doghead relay mod and replaced the starter. Now my I have no voltage. What is going on? I am able to jump it with my deuce and it runs but my volt gauge shows far left in the red. What do I need to replace change or repair?. By the way my light bulbs for the exciter circuit are not burned out but they no longer work. Where can I get the parts to rebuild the alts now that cucv electric isnt taking orders? Thank you very much

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fusible links weren't mentioned, I'd search there first.

Warthog posted the name of a company that lists the kits. Under advance search use keyword alternator, select the CUCV forum and select posts made by Warthog, should net you the contact info.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 24v fuse is at the very bottom of the fuse box. The fusible links will behind the rear battery. They may be split, burnt, bubbled or they may look perfect. Many youtubes show how to check them

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

MarcusOReallyus

That's a good thing. You are miles ahead of some other folks, then.

Check the stickies at the top of the forum, too. There's a ton of good info on this issue.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were just discussing effect and affect at work the other day and how I rarely get them correct.

Thanks Mr Grammar

(No I am not kidding...)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And in the step by step troubleshooting section of the -20TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks