• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Affordable FMTV Snow Plow Anyone?

FMTV Truck Sales is VERY proud to introduce the first commercial grade, reasonably priced FMTV snow plow/mount.

Today we're able to offer plow mounts and plows for SnowEx HD, V-Plow and PowerPlow (winged) plows....Fisher and Western plow mounts coming soon. Meyer, Boss and highway plows perhaps to follow.

Our mount was custom engineered for any A0, A1, A1R, A1P2 FMTV/LMTV. It can be installed (first time) in under one hour and seasonally removed or installed in under 15 minutes. When removed there is no compromise in ground clearance.

The plow truck is a MONSTER! I've had the privilege of plowing early season Montana snow for over 20 hours testing prototypes...I'm still grinning and praying for more snow!

Two large, local commercial plow companies have actually replaced their front end loaders with FMTVs due to savings in cost and ability to drive at high speeds to job sites, saving them thousands.

Mounts can be shipped freight with any matching plow.

We're also introducing studded GoodYear and Michelin 395/80R20 tires!!!

Videos coming soon... :)
Please let us know if you're interested!

View attachment 711203 View attachment 711205 plowee.jpg 20171113_143159.jpg 20171113_143222.jpg stud2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice work!

We're working towards developing mounts for other manufacturers. Demand will dictate supply!

So far we've sold five plows/mounts for the SnowEx...looking forward to developing others soon.

Thanks!

snowtrac nome

I personally think those pickup plows are a little lite for this truck, for real commercial use a Henkie or Monroe would be a better choice.
I killed 2 westerns, and one fisher, before I put a frink on my dodge 1 ton ctd. I would love to find a 12 foot plow like that one to put on my truck.

Agreed - the LMTV/FMTV is quite capable of handling a MUCH larger/more capable plow, but there is a BIG jump in price from a "commercial" plow to a "municipal" plow. We're happy to design a mount if we have a customer that is desirous of a larger plow solution. Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
you can obtain plows and entire setups from the road departments and forest service in montana. I bought 10 and 12ft plows for under $1000 each for the front of my 5 tons from BLM

big block 88

Remember Wes not everyone is read to fabricate and retrofit things for their trucks. I have seriously thought about the 925 getting a big v plow. But you know.... fire can only hold so many irons.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most of them have the same frame width as the military trucks and just bolt to the frame. Pretty simple. I think i had to drill like 6 holes on my M61.

coachgeo

Mine was a plow truck (M1078 ) in NY... That is why I named it RUSTY. These cabs, leaf spring mounts etc. do not fair to well in salt.. just keep that in mind. All Fixable with elbow grease. A military fellow told me they did have to replace alot of metal up by (if recall right) hinges where cab tilts due to rust/weakened metal

big block 88

Shows my lack of knowledge. I thought those cabs were aluminum... i swear the soft skin trucks we had overseas werent magnetic and the placards had to be taped on... maybe im confusing another truck?

scottmandu

Shows my lack of knowledge. I thought those cabs were aluminum... i swear the soft skin trucks we had overseas werent magnetic and the placards had to be taped on... maybe i'm confusing another truck?
Nope LMTV cabs (both armored and not) are steel. I recall reading that the HET, or HEMTT cabs were aluminum but not sure.

snowtrac nome

I keep hearing about rust in these trucks I haven't seen it yet on mine this summer I would like to pull my floor mats and do a spray on bed liner under them just for extra security. The carc on my truck seems to seal quite a bit better than the tan crap we had on our trucks in Iraq. I have a big portable pressure washer and try not to leave a lot of mud on the truck for long periods of time. A clean truck is a happy truck mine is driven every day if I were to live in a big city I would still tilt the cab once a week and wash it. its still about 4 months before I will be able to wash mine again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks