• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

after 12 years

orrisd4

after 12 long years of staring , i just today bought my truck

1 1971 m35 deuce and a half

img001.jpg

the big girl has a winch and hardtop but is missing the canvas cover and bows , easily replaced , aside from a cosmetic overhaul all she needs is the fluids changed and the fuel system flushed, then the world shall hear the furry of diesel fueled furry.

DIndFab

Congrats buddy!
No one likes to stop what they're doing to take pictures, but a few years from now it will be cool to have documentation of everything you've done.

orrisd4

thank ya everyone.
no i didn't get the trailer , that photo was taken on site.

i paid 3500.00 for this baby today, it was a brick of cash made entirely of 20 dollar bills. i do the title transfer after work on Thursday the 17th, delivery should be anywhere between thursday and saturday , so some more up to date photos will follow along with a fully documented restoration log. i will be adding a few creature comforts to the cab{air pack to replace the spring under the seat, and custom canvas seat covers} all in all a hardtop m35 with winch seems like the last decade were worth the wait.

all she needs is the batteries re-charged and the diarrhea like substance that used to be diesel fuel purged from her tank and lines.

zout

You waited this long - be sure you keep a build documentary as you go along with the work on it. Some day you'll dig that out and have its full story in you hands. Priceless.

PaFarmer

Welcome from a fellow Pa resident. As you likely know there are a good number of us in Pa and semi annual rally's at Rausch Creek in Tremont.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to go!!! you will have a lot of fun. You will have some ups and downs with it, but just enjoy it.

orrisd4

photos lie

she arrived early

the photo was of the truck from when she was parked , it now has a serious case of rust. it is also a '78 not a '71

the roof is rusted through the cab corners are more or less intact, the bed needs repair at all the bow mounts, it need a new fender where the exhaust comes out at , the exhaust pipe is in such good condition the good lord had to have had a hand in it ,

but the engine , the engine looks like you took a crate engine and put it under a tarp for 12 years in a garage. a LOT of dust and dirt but she looks pristine, as i was told it ran 100% when she parked the creature im going to fire her up at some point this week since i have off.

ill have photos when it stops raining tomorrow.

but mark my words on this day, the creature will rise again

FloridaAKM

Congrats on getting her home & getting to look her over seriously for the first time. Some surprises are good & some are not, make sure everything is okay as best you can before spinning her over initally. Good luck & remember the pics; we have faith in you!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll have her going in short order. I always like to take them to the car wash, as soon as possible - they will look like a new dollar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks