• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After market seats or alternate seats for HMMWV / m998 ?

joelaw

Here are some more pics of the fabrication. I swapped the brown set into a different Humvee with the old style front seat (originally I had it on the commander adjustable base, which just required drilling 4 holes and bolting the seat on with the new brackets). The older style required me to cut out the old seat and weld some flat bars across for support and then I just drilled the 4 holes with the same set up as the first. I will probably put in some washers so that the seat material doesn't sit right on the metal. Had to make sure that the seat back cleared the seat belt reel, which I moved down as well for clearance. IMG_4166.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4270.jpgIMG_4272.jpg

medic2410p

Just purchased an older M998 and was looking to upgrade the seating. I picked up four of these MRAP seats at a significantly reduced price. Anyone mounted this type before?

51701988852__EA78E07B-9615-4F55-9AED-6CE30349DDDD.jpg

germanrifle

I mounted the Pacifica seats also. Worked great. Bought the military base plate for the passenger front. I can easily put the rig back to military in about 30 minutes (except for the driver).

medic2410p

I found some of the MRAP height adjustable bases for dirt cheap on eBay so I might at least try one for the drivers side. Just might need some quality time with my drill.

medic2410p

I'll post a pic on here once I get a chance. Just looking I think these bases are really nice but not the exact one for these seats but still fit with minimal modification. Just got them the other day so I haven't gotten a chance to mess with them yet.

ryanruck

medic2410p

ryanruck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks