• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket fuel filter with drain

Finnegan1008

My new to me truck came with an aftermarket fuel filter that has a little petcock at the bottom to drain.

should I be cracking this drain periodically to check for water? Will doing so introduce air into my fuel system? Should I crank the engine while doing so or just let gravity work

5 Ton John

My new to me truck came with an aftermarket fuel filter that has a little petcock at the bottom to drain.

should I be cracking this drain periodically to check for water? Will doing so introduce air into my fuel system? Should I crank the engine while doing so or just let gravity work
Yes you should drain it every so often and let the water out of it. If a lot of water comes out, then do it more frequently. If not then less frequently. Don't run the engine while doing this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks