• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aftermarket lift kit for m1028a dually... pics of yours

Croatan_Kid

I'll let you know how it goes as soon as my springs get here :D I got myself a lil sumthin for New Years....called up ORD yesterday at work and got an HD 4 inch front spring, new front shackles, greasable bushings, a u-bolt flip for the rear and a 3 inch block for now. Later on I'll do a 2.5 flip, 1 inch ZEROs, and full greasable bushings. Of course as soon as I get more money I'm getting some nitro shocks, SS brake lines, and....dare I say.....CROSSOVER 8) I'm gunna stuff some 1100R16 XZLs under it.....man, it's gunna be bada$$!!!!!

I think some XZLs would look freakin sweet on a dually setup.

isaiah

Re: RE: aftermarket lift kit for m1028a dually... pics of yo

Armada said:
Like the rack!! Homemade?
Yes the rack is homade. I bought the truck with it on from a contractor, they used galvanized piping with removable rear bar and sliding middle bar way tougher than the aftermaket. There's guys that make them here and sell for $$$ great business thing if youre a welder or part timer.

Attachments

Elwenil

RE: Re: RE: aftermarket lift kit for m1028a dually... pics o

Hmm, I like the design but I wouldn't have used galvanized pipe. Mild steel tubing would have been a lot lighter and stronger.

isaiah

Croatan_Kid said:
I'll let you know how it goes as soon as my springs get here :D I got myself a lil sumthin for New Years....called up ORD yesterday at work and got an HD 4 inch front spring, new front shackles, greasable bushings, a u-bolt flip for the rear and a 3 inch block for now. Later on I'll do a 2.5 flip, 1 inch ZEROs, and full greasable bushings. Of course as soon as I get more money I'm getting some nitro shocks, SS brake lines, and....dare I say.....CROSSOVER 8) I'm gunna stuff some 1100R16 XZLs under it.....man, it's gunna be bada$$!!!!!

I think some XZLs would look freakin sweet on a dually setup.
Check out ORD's website real helpful thanks. yours sound like a perfect setup to me. Thanks. hope to see your finished product soon.

AJMBLAZER

Re: RE: Re: RE: aftermarket lift kit for m1028a dually... pi

Elwenil said:
Hmm, I like the design but I wouldn't have used galvanized pipe. Mild steel tubing would have been a lot lighter and stronger.
Wouldn't galvanized steel be better for Isaiah's climate though?

Elwenil

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: aftermarket lift kit for m1028a dually..

I don't know. Certainly there is salt in the air but I don't think the galvanized pipe is ideal for this type of application. While the galvanizing may protect it, the pipe itself tends to be heavy and weaker compared to similar materials. The pipe is plenty strong for this application, but it's a lot of weight. I think tubing with either a good coat of paint or maybe even powder coating would be ideal. More then likely this is a case of someone using what they had available because it was there or cheap. It's a very good design either way and I'm sure it does the job. I just wouldn't want to have to lift it, lol.

isaiah

Re: RE: Re: RE: aftermarket lift kit for m1028a dually... pi

Elwenil said:
good point and true . Maybe a 90 angle bar across the rail too and a bar down the middle to the rail and let it be removable instead of sliding . I've seen alot of better designs around, but it sure is alot stronger and less prettier than a Trac-Rac. :wink:

Attachments

Croatan_Kid

Thanks for the compliments Isaiah! I hope it turns out lookin as awesome as it sounds too! I've been wanting to build some sort of rack on mine, not sure if I want one like yours or just a headache rack to protect the rear glass and provide a place to mount my air horns, CB antenna, and some lights 8) I just wonder how much of a PITA it would be to get stuff on top of a rack with my truck almost 8 inches higher.....

I checked my bank account a minute ago and right as 540 is gone.....I reckon that means they shipped my stuff out today :D I'll definitely let yall know when it gets here.

isaiah

The tires are original LT235 85r16 @31 inches. Maybe some 33-36" tires and yes maybe not to high cause getting material on and off that high rack would be back breaking. MY work and play truck. you guys got any pics of your CUCV's?be nice to see them up here to keep this thread going.

AJMBLAZER

Heh, it's white now and Big Ugly hasn't left the garage in over 2 months.

The original pic is from almost a year ago when we were having a surprise warming and the snow was nearly gone. The shnoze view is from October and the flex shot is from November.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks