• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket shifter boots

jatonka

You could buy the new production boots from me. Mil Spec canvas, exact same size and shape as the issue ones that come in the Arctic Winterization Kits. I have been making them for about a year, sold quite a few at the East Coast shows this season. John Tennis

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
TXSG_19_commo great idea I was just talking about this today. This should also help with noise reduction when combined with closing up all the other cab holes. Jakonka do you have a pic of how your reproductions look? How much?
Thanks,
Ethan

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Jatonka, i guess I was ignunt about you supplying them, or I would have done so :cool: Probably would have saved me a badly sliced thumb in the process. Haven't seen that much of my own blood in a while. That's what I get for using aftermarket. Please post a couple pictures, i'd like to see them too!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
on that web page, i can only get the home page, cant go to the rest of the site ????

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same for me but ,his Contact info is there!

jatonka

Hello all, Thank you for the positive responses, my website is only a homepage at this point, webmaster and I haven't linked up too well yet. I will take pictures of them by Tuesday and post them here. I sell them for $20 each or $35 for the 2 pieces. They will fit in a flat rate postal mailer for $4.05 postage. Thanks to all of you, John Tennis

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, you need a website showing all the goodies you sell. Please let us know when its up and running. FWIW, I paid nearly $60 for my arctic boots on the tractor. Better believe I'll be ordering a set for the M108 once the cab swap is complete.

jatonka

Hi Kenny and all of the list, I apologize for being so poor on a web site, what I do have has a major mistake on it anyway, I run an excavation, traffic signal business and I never have enough help so I'm out there daylight to dark thirty every day. I'll get with it. I also have the winch drum covers for 2 1/2 Ton and M series 5 Ton trucks in stock. AND... we just started making that Bikini type sun shade cover for the 5 Ton and 2 1/2 Ton wreckers and light crane. I got an original to cut apart to make the pattern and we are building them now. they are not built to drive down the road with them on,probably because the wind might pull the bow set right off the operator's area? Mine are exactly like the original, as are my arctic winterization shifter boots. Lastly, I have to clarify that I am not Spruce Mountian Surplus, as you can tell by the quality of his web site !!! John Tennis

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, I know you're burning the candles at both ends. No apologies for the website. Perhaps you won't be able to keep up with orders if everyone knew what you had. Tell you what, make a list of what you sell and send it to me and I'll try to be a mouth for you. I know its a hobby for you too and you just like helping others out with stuff.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need some webspace, economical, let's chat offline. I am grossly underutilizing my datacenter as it is (03% I/O) and would like to offset a few pennies here and there. I use LINUX for commerical putposes so it is easy to FTP and whatever. I also see no need for the draconian restrictions placed on services offered by commerical hosts. I also have full auto backup power and other goodies. This isn't an ad, just an offer to help. It's the least I can do after installing those garish boots on my truck!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea how to get the shifter knob off? Of course it's screwed on, but it's so tight it started to crack when I used water pump pliers to unscrew it and even then it would barely move. Should it be easy to remove?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks