• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket Winch

rz14rt

i see this comment or similar often around here. i understand that these trucks can be had for dirt-cheap. but that doesn't mean that other equipment will be (or even should be) as relatively inexpensive. it's not logical to compare a piece of equipment from another industry to the cost of your surplussed MV.

let's face it; no one in their right mind would have expected that (5 years ago) you can buy an 18000lb winch for $800-1600 dollars, period.

yes, this can be an inexpensive hobby to enter. but once you want to make modifications by grafting inter-industrial equipment onto these vehicles.... well, you gotta pay to play.
Yes a helpfull reply mudpuppy, thank you. :mrgreen:
I am still interested in the best place to find an 18000 lb winch if anyone has input.

03Dexterhauler

I really opened a can of worms with this thread. :mrgreen: Stilll holding out for one with a winch, but there's been ton of info (really like the 18K electric option) here on other options. Much appreciated!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks