• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aftermath of diesel in the crank

serial14

Recently I decided to try running Bio Diesel in my truck. I'm running about 50/50. Before doing this my truck ran great. The day after putting in the BioDiesel I noticed I had no oil pressure. Turns out I had about 2 gallons of fuel in my crankcase.

Do you think running BioDiesel had anything todo with the failure? I've read about alot of guys running it and since I've got a multifuel I assumed it'd be fine, but the timing is a little too coincidental. I still have about 3/4 tank of this 50/50 mix, should I drain the tank?

From reading around in the forums it seams like the only possibility here is the IP. How likely is it that doing a bypass on my FDC will fix the problem? Is it a safe bet to try? Are there other things I could do short of rebuilding/replacing the whole IP to track down/solve the problem?

Finally, once I get it fixed I'm going to put in new oil and replace the oil and fuel filters. Is there anything else I should check on/replace?

Thanks

Brian

Michael

I am getting fuel in my oil as well. I bypassed the FDC and changed the oil and it is still doing it. It goes up about 1/2 inch per 30 min of running. There is suppose to be one or two O rings in the injector pump that are easy to replace without doing a complete rebuild. That is what I plan to do next. I have also read about a leaking flame heater that some trucks have that can be the cause.

Depending on just how hard it is to do, it might be a good idea to bypass and change the O ring at the same time. I now have to change oil again which is a big messy job and will cost $60 at least.

Last edited:

poof

Dirty Hippie
Biodiesel/ WVO and FDC dont mix.... some thing with viscosity of WVO is part of the deal

the FDC cant do its job.. I read this info here on SS some time in the past...
I have run WVO with out a problem. My FDC is bypassed..
more will chime in soon...
J.P.

bottleworks

Don't blame the biodiesel on your issues. This happens no matter what fuel your running. I would bypass the FDC and replace the o-rings at the same time.

BTW, I do sell the IP head o-rings. They are made of Viton.

biodeucel

Biodiesel is a VERY powerful cleaning agent in fuel systems. It will clean out all the gunk that has accumulated over the years, so it would be a good idea to be checking all your filters during the first hundred miles or so of driving on bio. Because it is so powerful, it will also eat away any non-synthetic seals in your engine. Be sure to replace any organic rubber seals or fuel lines or you will have troubles! Finally, I don't think the FDC is responsible for the fuel in your crankcase. You should, however, bypass the FDC for better performance.