• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Again, GL sucks for customer service

nhdiesel

Tried the export dept. a couple more times, no luck, got on live chat. I was told that she had no way to check on the export form aua so she had me e-mail OR fax it directly to her. I did both. She confirmed that she received it (and I printed the chat session) and was forwarding it to the EUC dept. Maybe tomorrow it will go to BC.......:rant:

I just want my toy home so I can :driver:

Jim

nhdiesel

Well it looks like I may lose my Deuce. My EUC still shows "EUC revisions requested from Customer" even though I dealt with that yesterday morning. Live Chat can't get me a confirmation whether its been received, or even if its now correct. My deadline is Monday according to the e-mail they sent, and I haven't been able to reach anyone by phone all day today to get an answer. We're past their business hours today, so unless a miracle happens Monday, I'm screwed.

WTF is up with a company who can take your money, drag their feet until you miss their deadline (which was THEIR fault), then fine you 25% because of THEIR mistake?

My father (Beaubeau) went through this once himself, and lost a truck and had to pay the fine because of their screwups. He's been fortunate ever since, but I guess its my turn. AAARRRGGG!!!!!

Jim

TexRdnec

Well it looks like I may lose my Deuce. My EUC still shows "EUC revisions requested from Customer" even though I dealt with that yesterday morning. Live Chat can't get me a confirmation whether its been received, or even if its now correct. My deadline is Monday according to the e-mail they sent, and I haven't been able to reach anyone by phone all day today to get an answer. We're past their business hours today, so unless a miracle happens Monday, I'm screwed.

WTF is up with a company who can take your money, drag their feet until you miss their deadline (which was THEIR fault), then fine you 25% because of THEIR mistake?

My father (Beaubeau) went through this once himself, and lost a truck and had to pay the fine because of their screwups. He's been fortunate ever since, but I guess its my turn. AAARRRGGG!!!!!

Jim
don't feel like the lone ranger, kemosabe

nhdiesel

don't feel like the lone ranger, kemosabe
:-D I know I'm not alone. And I know there is a good chance things will come out fine. Its just extremely frustrating, especially since I didn't have much money to spend in the first place, and just lost my job this week. And its my first Deuce, so my nerves are on edge even more.

Jim

Nonotagain

:-D I know I'm not alone. And I know there is a good chance things will come out fine. Its just extremely frustrating, especially since I didn't have much money to spend in the first place, and just lost my job this week. And its my first Deuce, so my nerves are on edge even more.

Jim
First, calm down. Take a couple of deep breaths. Feel better?

Everyone gets a GL nasty-gram once in a while. I got one a few months back and wanted to wring the neck of the pencil neck geek that was reviewing my form. I responded with a terse note that I sent my EUC in the same evening as the auction closed and it sat in their queue for four work days before getting the letter. All I had to correct was to insert USA for country of birth and it was off to Battle Creek.

GL keeps a copy of your EUC online for future use. For whatever reason the saved version lost the USA and I didn’t catch it before submission.

I sent a EUC off to GL for event 4663 this Wednesday at lunch time and it was sent to Battle Creek Thursday AM. The first EUC is always the longest.

GL just made some changes to the EUC process as you can now save as a PDF your EUC. Last month you had to print a copy and if you had the correct software you could convert it back into a PDF for electronic storage.

nhdiesel

This is my first Deuce, but not my first GL purchase. I've bought 4 previous items (a transmission, 2 M105 trailers, and an aircraft tug for Beaubeau), all requiring EUCs. The only problem with this one was the lack of a signed export letter, which I didn't know was needed (wasn't last time I won a GL auction). It took several tries before I could find out what the holdup with the EUC was, and as soon as I found the issue, I corrected it within the hour. The big time-frame issue right now is their mistake about the date of the auction. If they had the date correct, I would have another 2 weeks, but they have the date listed 2 weeks before the actual end of the auction. I have pointed this out to several people over at GL, and apparently they aren't worried about correcting a little thing such as the date of the sale.

I'm not completely bummed yet, but I won't rest easy until I see that it has gone to BC.

Jim

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've learned to never fax anything to GL. I always scan and e-mail the forms and it works much faster. Also, the quality of the photo ID is much better as faxed copies are usually very poor quality.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks