• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AH-1F Cobra, AAHF Hampton, GA

trooper632

Don't know if many of you know the name of Rod Lewis, but he owns 25 WWII Warbirds. And he just bought a huge ranch about 4 miles down the road from me, and is putting in a big landing strip. I believe he will be moving his warbirds from San Antonio to the new ranch. I will be in heaven just hearing Radial engines. I will definitely be trying to wiggle my way in to that angle somehow. Anyone interested his site is www.Lewisairledgends.com

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think you guys Mohawk is up the street from me at the local airport. The GAARNG has a dustoff unit and a mild wheeled vehicle maintenance shop there.

Mg84648

I believe that Mr. Lewis just bought the -G model Cobra that the foundation was storing and maintaining for its owner. He has an impressive fleet of war birds for sure!
Don't know if many of you know the name of Rod Lewis, but he owns 25 WWII Warbirds. And he just bought a huge ranch about 4 miles down the road from me, and is putting in a big landing strip. I believe he will be moving his warbirds from San Antonio to the new ranch. I will be in heaven just hearing Radial engines. I will definitely be trying to wiggle my way in to that angle somehow. Anyone interested his site is www.Lewisairledgends.com

Mg84648

Yes sir it sure is! Its a 501C non-profit so anyone can go down to the hanger and volunteer their skills and time. Gene McCann is the director of maintenance and should be poking around the hanger. Everyone there is good people. Tell them Delta Mike sent you:)
I believe thier current flyable inventory is 3 AH-1F Cobra's and 3 UH-1H Huey's. A snake and a Huey were sent to the wiregrass chapter in Ozark AL over the winter.
Is that at Tara Field, Hampton,...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks