• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ah The Joys.

Ugg013

Hi:

Ya know, having the Frog has brought a small bit of joy to my otherwise humdrum life. I have some very lovely neighbors. On the one side of me, there is this female genitailia that at the drop of a hat, will call some authority on me, like once she called animal control saying we were abusing our dogs. Guess what day that was. 9/11/01. You'd think people would have other things on their minds on that day. :evil: She's called zoning on us, the cops saying we were abusing our kids, even the Dept Of Ag. because I'm a dog breeder. Any idea that enters her twisted feeble little mind. All unfounded of course, but enough to cause hassles. :evil:

Now on the other side of us is Richie Rich. He's an arrogant little punk that comes from money, and has money and thinks his poop don't stink. He figures he can do whatever he wants because he has money. You know the type. He hasn't caused the same hassles as my other lovely neighbor, but back when I worked nights (and he knew this), he would start work on his mansion at 7 AM, Sunday's. :evil:

Well, with the aid of the Frog, every Sunday AM (for the last 3 weeks), at exactly 6:58, I crank that bad boy up. :twisted: It even wakes my son up, and he can normally sleep thru a nuke. I just went on an errand a bit ago, and as I was coming home, I noticed that I now have zombies for neighbors. Step 1 in Operation Payback looks to be working pretty darned good. :p

Later
Ugg 8)

bomar76

LOL...SIMILAR SITUATION....

Our ex niehgbor to the south weighed an easy 450 lbs, was always really snotty to us, and spent her time dreaming up things to complain about us to everyone she could call.... example:
MrsBomar is (among other things) a volunteer Firefighter/EMT ... we put a light bar and siren on her older Jeep and the fat @#$! called the Sherrifs Dept, Township Trustees, State Highway Patrol, and a few others and ordered them to make my wife remove them.....they laughed at her.
We were pruning our shrubs near the preperty line once and she came out screaming....said those were hers - I pointed out where the survey pins were and she said it didn't matter....she was gonna have them moved. One day I was out mowing the lawn drinking a brewski and she told my wife she would sell her house and move away but no ione would buy it due to the drunk she had as a neighbor. I printed out her son's drug arrest record and photo and taped it to her door with the note that I am glad the drug dealers in the neighborhood don't affet property values.
Thankfully that Biotch died a couple years ago and we have SUPER nice people in their now....we are good friends.
To our north it's a 450 lb couple that will never move.
The hubby would be ok, but the wife is a true nut case. ANYTHING we do merits a call to everyone....the funny part is she uses a wireless phone that we can pick up on the scanner.....BajaPower and I have had major fun screwing with them over the years. Rack off a couple mags in the M16 and wait for her to call the cops. Last time she did that they Deputy went straight to her door and said NEVER bother those people again...they are doing nothing wrong and you are harassing them.....priceless. Over the years I have overlooked the zoning violations (lots of building-no permits), but not any more. I narc them out every chanced I get.
What they never stop to think about is my wife is well respected as a firefighter EMT, we went to school with all the local officials, I am on the zoning board, the cops are all good friends of ours, etc, and they cannot win any pizzing contest so they need to just give it up.
The list of crap they have complained about is endless.
MrsBomar was at a fire across from a State Highway Patrolman's house Friday and he was telling my wife that Nancy had called the post many times biotching about the deuce and they need to come arrest us......they just laugh.

We also like to fire up the deuce late at night and early in the AM just to let them know we are still here. The area has built up enough now that the M16 is out of the question, but a few shotgun blasts at random times are still fun.

red devils dude

sounds like a lot of us have neighbors that we would like to get rid of like mine to my west the husband could care less what
I do but his wife is A pain IN THE $^& I'm sure going out with there oldest daughter didnt help much but she was cheating on me so
ahh well first she had a problem with us clearing out the woods behind our house then when we where killing the rats(big ones!!)
with a lee-enfield :twisted: then with my taste in music but never loud so I hope she's in for a BIG SURPRISE when I bring the deuce home.

Towerguy1

Ahhh yes, there is nothing like the smell of a cold diesel engine in the early AM of a cool day, followed by the wine of the turbo after it warms up and as you pause a high RPM before shifting to the next gear. You think to yourself "life is good!" Then you think........ Hmmm it's 5:30 AM why are all these people up?

Dieselsmoke

I love not having neighbors close by, the closest ones are all real nice so far [thumbzup] If that changes we'll just have to burn them out LOL

rdixiemiller

I'm the lucky one, I guess. I have NEVER had any problems with my neighbors. The old couple next to me think we are the greatest. The hubby is a WW2 vet who got shot up really bad in France in '44. He has ridden around the block with me a few times in the deuce. The wife is a sweet little old lady who swaps recipes with my wife. No-one on my road gives me a hassle about anything, and I leave them alone. The cows get out down the road, we all help put them back up. Water lines frozen? We all help each other. Otherwise, we all leave each other alone and respect each other's privacy and right to use our own property. It sure is nice living in the rural South.
Of course, if I lived in town, there would probably be a few issues.......

Ugg013

Guys:

I know I'm not the only one with crappy neighbors. We live in a semi rural area. In our little sub division, ya need to have at least an acre per house. The developers have been goin nuts around here too. Within the last 2 years, there have been 3 to 4 THOUSAND single family homes built in a 3 mile radius of us. :shock: I came here from the city where I was able to open my window and touch my neighbors building. It was culture shock when we moved here where the closest neighbor is about 200' away. Now, that's to F'n close.

To tell the truth, I had very few neighbor problems in the city as an adult. No matter what part of the city I lived in, my neighbors were generally decent people that helped each other out most of the time. Here, it's like every man for himself. When we 1st got here, the genitailia's husband would be out at 1 AM, mowing the grass cause he worked nights and that's when he got home. I never complained. Heck, her oldest daughter was on the Jerry Springer show. She was/is a working girl if ya catch my drift. This broad is like Gladys Cravitz from Bewitched.

Richie Rich on the other hand get's his kids dirt bikes, snowmobiles and all kinds of noisey toys for them to use on their property at all hours. His oldest son's friends always seem to be knocking down our mailboxes when they visit. It seems the stagger alot when they leave. :eek: One day the wife and I were at a home improvement show, and we saw him there with his girlfriend. Hmmm, I wonder if his wife would like to see the pictures? :twisted:

Anyone here know who George Hayduke is? Him and a Mr. G. Gordon Liddy are my hero's. :twisted: There are two sayings I'm especially fond of, "Don't get mad, get even." and "Vengence is a dish best served cold." There's also the old standby, "Payback is a MF'er." 8) I don't waste my time obsessing about these morons, heck, most of the time they don't enter my thoughts, but when they do something to me or mine, I add a little tick mark to the list. :twisted:

All this stuff started to happen after my accident. They became like sharks drwn to blood. Kick a guy when he's down. I DO have some good neighbors too. Some came over and helped out when I was unable to do most movement type things like cut the grass (we have over an acre of the stuff), watched the kids when my wife went to visit me in the hospital, even fixed meals for the family because my wife was so stressed out. I'm sorry cause some of them are gonna get caught in the crossfire.

I'm actually waiting for them to call and complain about the Frog sitting in my driveway. They already called about the Beast, which is even plated, and has been since day 1 of me having it. I live in No Town, USA. We're in an unincorporated area. We don't belong to any town, so they call the county. Ya know, now that we're supposed to be getting a big cold wave this week, I may just have to start the Frog daily. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)