• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ahh! nice body hanging around!

pa.rich

Sorry, now that I have your attention: I went over to Connecticut on Friday with a rental trailer to pick up a M51 dump body at AM General's place. I had almost given up on finding one I could afford within driving distance. Rich H. helped me rig it up to the trailer along with his friend, and it was a pleasure meeting him and I am thrilled to finally have the body. $500.00 was great, and the 5 hour ride home was uneventful, although the little half ton pulling the trailor, dump, and snow plow up front was a struggle for the truck, but I went easy with the four way flashers on most the time and made it back. Went in had supper, went to bed, next day hung it on the gantrys and its ready to lower on to the M51A2. Returned trailor and I am real happy. Thanks Rich H. for your time and help rigging it and it was a pleasure to meet another Steel soldier member.Heres a picture of the dump body and all it needs is sanding and paint. Actually the underside is in better condition than the sides! Man, its been two years that I have been trying to purchase one and thanks again Rich in Connecticut. Pa. Rich.Btw, the little red trailor is not the one I used for the transport, its just under there to get it out of the way for snow plowing.

Attachments

JWenig

That was a nice find!! I'm assembling an M51A2 also. How's the tailgate? Was that bed off a 900 series? The cab protector looks like the taller ones on the M929. It's always a good feeling when you get a load like that home. Good luck!

emr

Got to say, at first i have visions of seeing that little trailer going down the road and some guy in the cab driveing with a big smile al the way home!! ya never know!! Great dumper, wish i had one too!!! Randy

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What? Is that how utility trailer owners in Venezuela hide their small trailers from satellite photos? Underneath military dump bodies?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks